- The OPSVAW is designed to support the work of advocates, policy makers, and professionals in the legal, health, and mental health professions through policy research and analysis, and empirically-driven advocacy.
- The OPSVAW creates knowledge and disseminates materials to the public focused on violence against women.
- The OPSVAW provides training on public policy; and legislative and legal reform for advocates and policy makers.
- The OPSVAW will provide support to faculty whose scholarship includes public policy and violence against women.
- The OPSVAW will coordinate efforts with other academic units on campus whose work is focused upon public policy, service delivery, and law as it relates to violence against women.
- The OPSVAW will engage in service through creating undergraduate scholarships for battered women who need education as a tool of empowerment to fully recover from violence.